CODE OF CONDUCT
- A visitor to a CCCKC event is expected to be :Courteous, Kind and Respectful.
- Should a visitor fail to be Courteous, Kind and Respectful members should consult a board member who will investigate and may ask the person to leave the physical or virtual event.
- CCCKC will not tolerate harassment.
- Anyone can report harassment by participants to a CCCKC board member
- CCCKC participants who choose not to stop harassing behavior will be asked to leave physical and digital events.
STATEMENT OF APPLICABILITY
- CCCKC welcomes and encourages a culture built on a diversity of viewpoints; it is how we grow and thrive. CCCKC expects an atmosphere where everyone is approachable and skepticism is encouraged. This Code of Conduct is one of the ways we support and protect our values and it applies to everyone participating in CCCKC activities. Ultimately, If someone tells you your conduct is inappropriate or unwelcome, you are behaving in a way that is not compatible with this Code of Conduct.
- “Harassment” includes deliberate intimidation and targeting of individuals or groups in a manner that makes them feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or afraid. Harassment can take the form of unwelcome contact in-person, online, or some combination of the two. Harassment may or may not be sexual in nature.
WHO ARE CCCKC PARTICIPANTS?
- “Participants” include meeting attendees, speakers, volunteers, sponsors, and venue employees. If they’re in the building during a meeting, on the Chat systems, or using the #CCCKC hashtag, they’re a participant.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. CCCKC reserves the right to respond to harassment in the manner deemed appropriate including but not limited to expulsion from the meeting, banning from Discord, referral to the relevant authorities, and permanent exclusion from all CCCKC activities.
CCCKC is what you make of it, and as a community we can create a great experience for everyone.